- Advanced Engineering Forum
- Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Advances in Science and Technology
- Applied Mechanics and Materials
- International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa
- Foundations of Materials Science and Engineering
- Journal of Metastable and Nanocrystalline Materials
- Journal of Nano Research
- Defect and Diffusion Forum
- Solid State Phenomena
- Diffusion Foundations
- Materials Science Forum
- Key Engineering Materials
- Nano Hybrids
- Advanced Materials Research
Novel and Non-Conventional Materials and Technologies for Sustainability
Yan Xiao, Zhi Li, Rui Wang, Bo Shan and Khosrow Ghavami
Selected, peer reviewed papers from the 13th International Conference on Non-Conventional Materials and Technologies (13 NOCMAT 2011), 22nd-24th September 2011, Changsha, Hunan, China
Key Engineering Materials Vol. 517
Volume is indexed by Thomson Reuters CPCI-S (WoS).
The 13th NOCMAT Conference continued to provide a forum where researchers, governmental and non-governmental agencies could introduce their research results concerning innovations in the field of low-cost energy-saving materials which are renewable and locally available: such as bamboo, soil fibers and cement alternatives. Also covered were technologies which make use of such non-conventional materials as natural fibers and agricultural and industrial residues in a more cost-effective, durable, environment-friendly, energy-efficient and sustainable manner. read more...
Review from Ringgold Inc., ProtoView: This volume collects the proceedings of an international conference on non-conventional materials and technologies held in Changsha, China in 2011. Many of the papers discuss uses of bamboo along with recycled materials and unusual uses of concrete. The last 39 papers are devoted to energy saving design that also reduce the amount of carbon dioxide emissions. Almost all of the authors appear to be from either China or South America.