- Advanced Engineering Forum
- Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Advances in Science and Technology
- Applied Mechanics and Materials
- International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa
- Journal of Metastable and Nanocrystalline Materials
- Journal of Nano Research
- Defect and Diffusion Forum
- Solid State Phenomena
- Diffusion Foundations
- Materials Science Forum
- Key Engineering Materials
- Nano Hybrids
- Advanced Materials Research
- Materials Science Foundations
Porous Materials for Tissue Engineering
Dean-Mo Liu and Vivek Dixit
Materials Science Forum Vol. 250
Tissue Engineering is an interdisciplinary field that involves the development of (bio)artificial organs and implants. The main purpose of such prostheses is the repair, regeneration, and reconstruction of lost, damaged, or degenerated tissues and organs. read more...
This newly emerging scientific discipline has arisen from a fusion of the principles of engineering and biology, with the ultimate goal of creating fully functional biological substitutes. This unique scientific union has brought a new era of understanding to the field of biomedicine. It will permit the restoration of lost tissue function, and thus help to improve mankind's overall quality of life.
There is tremendous interest in this fascinating field, and the present volume is intended to provide a better understanding of Tissue Engineering from a variety of scientific/engineering/biomedical viewpoints. The work comprises a range of articles which cover the development, characterization, and evaluation of the possible biomaterial applications that are currently under investigation.