- Materials Science Forum
- Key Engineering Materials
- Solid State Phenomena
- Defect and Diffusion Forum
- Diffusion Foundations
- Applied Mechanics and Materials
- Advanced Materials Research
- Advances in Science and Technology
- Journal of Nano Research
- Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials, and Tissue Engineering
- Journal of Metastable and Nanocrystalline Materials
- Materials Science Foundations (monograph series)
- International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa
- Advanced Engineering Forum
- Nano Hybrids
- Science-Meets-Philosophy Forum
Porous Materials for Tissue Engineering
Dean-Mo Liu and Vivek Dixit
Tissue Engineering is an interdisciplinary field that involves the development of (bio)artificial organs and implants. The main purpose of such prostheses is the repair, regeneration, and reconstruction of lost, damaged, or degenerated tissues and organs. read more...
This newly emerging scientific discipline has arisen from a fusion of the principles of engineering and biology, with the ultimate goal of creating fully functional biological substitutes. This unique scientific union has brought a new era of understanding to the field of biomedicine. It will permit the restoration of lost tissue function, and thus help to improve mankind's overall quality of life.
There is tremendous interest in this fascinating field, and the present volume is intended to provide a better understanding of Tissue Engineering from a variety of scientific/engineering/biomedical viewpoints. The work comprises a range of articles which cover the development, characterization, and evaluation of the possible biomaterial applications that are currently under investigation.