- Materials Science Forum
- Key Engineering Materials
- Solid State Phenomena
- Defect and Diffusion Forum
- Diffusion Foundations
- Applied Mechanics and Materials
- Advanced Materials Research
- Advances in Science and Technology
- Journal of Nano Research
- Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Journal of Biomimetics, Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Journal of Metastable and Nanocrystalline Materials
- Materials Science Foundations (monograph series)
- International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa
- Advanced Engineering Forum
- Nano Hybrids
- Science-Meets-Philosophy Forum
Aluminium Alloys 2006 - ICAA10
Innovation Through Research and Technology
W.J. Poole, M.A. Wells and D.J. Lloyd
Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Aluminum Alloys, Vancouver, Canada, July 9-13, 2006
The world production of primary and recycled aluminum continues to increase and, over the past twenty years, has risen from ~15 Mt/y in 1985 to ~32 Mt/y in 2005. The main consumers are transportation, beverage and other packaging, and building construction. The global primary aluminum production has been growing by about 2-3% per year. However, growth rates over the last decade have been much higher. In particular, during the past five years, China has played a critical role in aluminum production and has gone through a dramatic period of growth. read more...
The specific topics considered include: Alloys and Phase Transformations, Corrosion and Surface Modification, Deformation and Formability, Fatigue, Fracture and Creep, Joining Technologies, New Directions, Novel Experimental Techniques, Processing and Process Modelling, Recovery, Recrystallization and Texture, Solidification and Casting.
Overall, this collection of papers represents a seminal history of the state of knowledge in the aluminum industry, related to the processing and properties of aluminum alloys and, as such, will further contribute to this basic field of knowledge.